Can the O’Halloran & Foley Criminal Defense Firm assist individuals who have been arrested for DUI, drug trafficking and theft in Rotonda West Florida?
Rotonda West Florida criminal defense lawyers can help when DUI, drug trafficking and theft represent a downward spiral for a person who is negatively afflicted with drug, or alcohol addiction, or when a one-time thrill-seeking encounter goes bad and results in arrest. Either way, it is important to hire the Rotonda West drug trafficking lawyers available to plea down a charge, or have charges dropped when possible. Individuals who are charged with a crime in Florida could land in jail, incur substantial legal costs and fees, and/or irreparably damage their future and basic freedoms, even if the criminal charges are dropped. It may be wise to hire Rotonda West criminal defense attorneys who are familiar with opposing criminal counsel in federal, state and local jurisdictions.
Before hiring drug possession lawyers in Florida, clients should review their past success rates defending similar crimes. A defendant will want drug possession attorneys to have a manageable case load, extensive jury trial experience, multiple years practicing in the state, and high success rates with plea bargaining, as these factors may effectuate a positive outcome to a criminal charge. Rotonda West criminal lawyers make calculated efforts to reduce jail time and fees, avoid and eliminate a criminal record, suspend sentencing, and seek end goals that reduce long-lasting negative impacts to an individual’s livelihood. Rotonda West Florida attorneys Robert Foley and Sean O’Halloran offer a wealth of knowledge and experience, both having served as state prosecutors handling heavy caseloads with frequent court appearances. The skill set they used to prosecute criminals allows these attorneys, acting on behalf of defendants, to use an insider’s glimpse at how to approach common flaws and weaknesses in the prosecution cases.
Criminal record impact.
Rotonda West criminal defense attorneys can protect individuals from criminal records that can ruin their life. Even when a person is exonerated of a crime, it can still be difficult to conceal a criminal past because proof of an arrest may still show up on public social platforms. Laws for expungement and sealing of criminal records may help with a criminal past, but Florida Statute 943.059 rules are complicated, often requiring assistance from experienced criminal attorneys.
Rotonda West Florida criminal theft attorneys may be a worthwhile lifetime investment for individuals who need experienced legal representation against charges for committing theft related to a wide variety of criminal activities, including white collar crimes; drug use and distribution; criminal theft; vehicular manslaughter and Rotonda West Florida DUI charges.
White collar crime includes a range of fraudulent activity committed by business and government professionals, characterized by deceit, concealment, or violation of trust and are not dependent on the application, or threat of physical force or violence. The penalties can still be severe because these crimes are not victimless.
Drug-related charges may include misdemeanor and felony charges including possession of marijuana, or other drugs; illegal possession of prescription drugs; trafficking, or transporting illegal narcotics; possession with intent to sell; and the manufacture of illegal substances. Rotonda West drug trafficking attorneys can represent clients against this serious charge, which is a first-degree felony charge and includes the possession, sale, purchase, manufacture, or delivery of controlled or illegal substances. As a means of addressing America’s opioid crisis, Florida law imposes some of the tightest opioid prescription laws in the U.S. necessitating the services of experienced Rotonda West criminal defense attorneys.
Skilled Rotonda West theft lawyers can represent individuals who have been charged under Florida Statutes 812 addressing crimes of theft when a person takes something without the owner’s consent and includes:
- Larceny – taking personal property and not returning it.
- Petty theft – first degree: taking property greater than $100 but less than $300; second degree: taking property valued at less than $100.
- Grand theft – first degree: taking property from another worth more than $100,000; second degree: taking property valued between $20,000 and $100,000; third degree: taking property valued between $300 and $20,000.
- Theft by conversion – unlawfully keeping property that was obtained lawfully.
- Theft of lost property – keeping property that someone else lost.
- Criminal theft is prosecuted by the state and if a person is found guilty, they can end up with community service, fines and/or prison time.
Rotonda West criminal DUI charges in Florida include driving under the influence resulting in DUI manslaughter, homicide, intoxicated reckless driving and hit-and-run charges. Other traffic encounters that may result in criminal charges include reckless/careless driving, road rage, vehicular homicide, manslaughter, and resisting arrest, or attempts to elude law enforcement.
Rotonda West Florida DUI charges and penalties.
- A person is guilty of the offense of operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol when driving is affected to the extent that physical faculties are impaired under Florida Statute 316.193.
- Experienced Rotonda West Florida DUI attorneys can assist with questions about penalties that depend on factors including blood alcohol level, age, property damage, physical injury and repeat offender status, resulting in misdemeanor to felony offense DUI outcomes may involve costly fines of $500-$5,000, driver’s license suspension and/or revocation, and jail time of 6 months to several years when warranted, along with the state-mandated use of an ignition interlock device. Rotonda West Florida DUI lawyers know how to leverage reduced charges in certain situations.
- Damage to property, or person is considered a misdemeanor of the first degree,
- Serious bodily injury is considered a felony of the third degree,
- Hit and run could yield very serious penalties in accordance with Florida Statute § 316.062. Rotonda West DUI lawyers may take legal actions to have charges reduced when possible.
Hire a Rotonda West criminal lawyer who can offer personalized attention, and has a long history of success in criminal litigation. Call Attorneys Robert Foley and Sean O’Halloran to discuss the particulars of your case because criminal charges are serious. Possible legal strategies for your case may offer a reduction in charges and fines, depending upon the circumstances of the arrest, past criminal history, and the impact of skillful legal counsel.
If you or someone you know is facing criminal charges in Rotonda West Florida you need to contact a Rotonda West criminal lawyer. Call (941) 639-6009 or use our contact page to speak to a Rotonda West criminal attorney in Florida today.